Vacancy Organic Chemist
Nano4Imaging GmbH (N4I) was founded in January 2011 and now based in Dusseldorf (Germany). Our company vision is to enable minimal invasive procedures for MRI, and to do this we produce and market MRI compatible instruments both under FDA and CE label, and markers that allow guidance and visibility of other medical devices. N4I has an extensive network of clinical users in congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension and is gradually entering interventional radiology procedures such as angioplasty and SIRT. N4I’s know-how and IP concerns nanoparticles of different size, coatings, and magnetic susceptibility to enable visibility of instruments in MRI, MPI and CT under the product name MagnaFy. N4I has a CE and FDA certified guide wire for use in MRI under the tradename EmeryGlide.
We are currently seeking an organic chemist to extend our current team and who will be responsible for:
- production of MagnaFy markers (based on iron oxide nanoparticles) for commercial purposes and product handling,
- customized production of nanoparticle based coatings for R & D projects,
- chemical synthesis of contrast agents, with a focus on iron-protoporphyrin chemistry.
Candidate ideally has a PhD but 2-4 years industrial experience as a MSc is also sufficient. In addition, candidate should:
- be flexible in relation to operation (lab in Aachen- production site Dresden),
- used to work in a dynamic team/environment,
- operate in international business environment with English and German as routine communication tools,
- have experience in NMR and MRI analysis both chemical and imaging,
- have a feeling for working in medtech and medical devices,
- be a team player interacting directly with other company professionals (computer vision) and engineers involved in manufacturing.
We offer you:
- cooperation in a highly motivated team with flat hierarchy,
- interesting, varied tasks with a high degree of independence,
- chances to develop professionally in a fast growing company,
- opportunities for further training,
- interesting remuneration (annually 45.000 € ) plus ESOP and an attractive benfit package,
- employment status: fulltime,
- location: Düsseldorf and home office
More information and application to:
Paul J.A. Borm, co-founder and CTO
+31 6 4172 5351