Are you looking for an exciting challenge and would like to help a young technology leader in MedTech achieve breakthroughs? Then our job offer is exactly right for you!
Nano4Imaging GmbH, based in Düsseldorf (Germany) has been awarded an Accelerator Grant by the EU Innovation Council as one of the best young companies in Europe. By adding AI and nanotechnology to medical devices, we are enabling the use of MRI for interventional procedures in oncology and in cardiovascular applications. To the great benefit of vulnerable patients and medical staff. We are rapidly expanding our team and offer you to join us as an Software Engineer – Medical Imaging and help us to grow.
Your role with us:
You will be part of our expanding software team with two experts in machine learning to develop and maintain software for MRI guided Therapies. The development is done with international clinical partners and MRI scanner manufactures such as Siemens Healthineers.
The focus of your task will be to build and test software solutions in close collaboration with universities and clinical centers, and to interact with our regulatory support. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving and product oriented environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems.
- BS or MS in computer science or related study background
- 4+ years of industry experience in
- Programming embedded algorithms devices to front end (web) applications in-clouding scripting,
- Working experience with standards such as DICOM,DICOM SR, HL7, JSON, XML, SQL,
- Document creation: Creating documents in Latex, using Markdown language and version-control system Git,
- Additional software: VMTK software, gmsh and 3D Slicer for mesh preparation of patient specific geometries,
- Cloud computing skills,
- Working experience in OS such as Windows, Unix (AIXv6.1) and Linux,
- Testing software on different levels and writing detailed documentation
- Libraries: FEniCS, numpy, PETSc, pybind11
- Visualisations: Plotting in Python, Matlab and Mathematica and / or visualisations in Paraview.
- Fundamental understanding in at least data acquisition/transfer or 2D and/or 3D image processing
- Proven track record of generating innovative concepts that can be turned into flexible and robust architectural medical solutions and software products for MRI scanners
- Knowledge of Application Life Cycle Mangement and project planning tools in an agile, sprint-based approach.
- Experience in managing a team of developers, organizing sprints, reviews and retrospectives.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining a product backlog and prioritizing it, refining user stories into tasks that the development team can execute on and answering questions from developers and stakeholders as needed.
- Experience with regulatory requirements specifically to medical software development is a plus (e.g. ISO 62304).
- Able to operate in a dynamic, international business environment with English and German as routine communication tools
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering and electrical engineering is a plus.
- Hands-on mindset and creativity for problem-solving within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong work ethics with a team-oriented mindset. Startup experience is a plus.
- Open-minded personality and excellent communication skills in English are essential, German is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a team that is developing breakthrough medical devices and therapies and making a real difference.
- Direct cooperation with the management and a highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy in an international environment
- Greater Düsseldorf area and home office
- A high degree of independent work and the opportunity to develop professionally in our fast-growing company
- Interesting remuneration (to be negotiated) an attractive benefit package
- Employment status: Permanent
- Job type: full-time (40 hours/week)
More information and application to:
Paul J.A. Borm, co-founder and CTO